Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Yea it's A Spoon Full of Sugar time!

I sooooo look forward to Tuesdays! It is A Spoon Full of Sugar Time. Last week was my first week on the DT for this wonderful challenge blog, and I still have the nervous jitters, wondering if my stuff is going to be ok. But I sure am having fun playing!

Now onto this weeks challenge-
Circles

All you have to do is make a card with a circle somewhere in the design,
could be on the paper or the greeting or whatever else you can think of as long
as it has a circle in the design somewhere.
We have some fantastic blog
candy to send one randomly chosen winner this week, which Bryony from
Silly Monkey
Crafts
has kindly donated
.




My card for this round challenge is bright... yep pull out your shades! It didn't start that way, actually I had the idea in my head and as I was making it I thought wow these colors are really bright, but didn't think that they were too bad, until I saw the photograph of the card. Wowser! I wanted it to have the look of scattered circles on the card. Like they were just pitched and stuck kind of.... why is that so hard to pull off?




I colored this absolutely adorable Sweet Ebony image with my Copics and white gel pen. Then found a bright turquoise blue Bazzill card stock as the base. The papers are all Creative Imaginations double sided Renae's House papers. Again pulling from my stash from the past! I thought the colors went well with the image and the cherries on the PP look sort of like apples. I first matted the image with the green dots, and then got out the three sizes of Fiskar's Squeeze Punches. It makes me so happy when I pull these out, love my squeeze punches! I made a bunch of different circles, and then stitched the edges of all of them with my Sakura Glaze Pens, then went for that random placement. 30 minutes later I was still working on the random look..... then just went with it! The sentiment is from Aud Designs and goes so well with the circle theme. Bright but cheerful!
Well lots going on... always is when Hubby is off, he makes a list of things he wants to get done, I stick my things in here and there and then we end up with a list that is way longer than we will ever achieve in one day. But we tackle what we can and then put off to the next day off what doesn't get done. Hope you have a great Tuesday, and have lots of fun craftin' time! Oh and don't forget my Blog Candy.... see two post down and leave a comment, I will be drawing for two prizes!
HUGS and-

16 comments:

BethW said...

You don't have to worry-your cards are fantastic!

Camilla said...

Beautiful card! I love the bright colours:) And the image is perfectly coloured!
Hugs, Camilla.

Trina said...

I think your card turned out wonderfully!! I love the bright colors! I also love how the circles look random on the card! Your coloring rocks too -- this is an amazing card!!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Michelle I love the bright colours and how the circles are scattered randomly.
xxx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

What a fabulous design Michelle and gorgeous bright papers, your colouring is Awesome as always, Hugs, Nikki x

Alison said...

Stunning creation love your colouring.

Allison Rankin said...

Love this design...of course, anything with circles is right up my alley!

Anonymous said...

oh yeah....this is circle-yummy! I love circles on cards and such.
And the colors look great together. This is not too bright.

Dawnmarie said...

Great coloring!!!!

Heather "Hev" said...

Very cute :)

Ila said...

I love this card!! Absolutley Gorgeous!! Your coloring and circle layout is Fantastic!!

debby4000 said...

I love the vibrant colours and it doesn't take anything away from the gorgeous Sweet Ebony image. Fabulous work.

Jill said...

gorgeous card Love your image and layout it's great Jill x

Annie said...

another fabulous card and with one of my favourite stamps! I know what you mean by a casual placement that takes several hours to do - been one of those days for me today! annie x

SugarBells said...

I really LOVE the bright colours! A great call on your part. I think it brings the cheerful feeling of picnics and delicious berries which completes your card perfectly! So beautiful, I posted your image on my site (I hope you don't mind) :D: http://www.zhibit.org/elisabethbell/sweet-ebony-cards/pickin-apples-spoonful-of-sugar-by-michelle

*Big hugs!*

Elisabeth xx

Katharina Frei said...

What a gourgeous card Michelle!!! Really love your colouring and all the circles. Perfect for summer!