Monday, September 29, 2008

Tilda and her Alota School House



Today's Card is loosely based on this weeks Tilda & Co. Challenge Blog. I started out working the sketch and planned to do it just as it was. I colored my new Alota Rubber Stamps Schoolhouse and planned to cut it in the oval to follow the sketch. But after coloring in the image and just couldn't decide what to cut out, all along I planned to crop out some of it, but just couldn't do it in the end. So my oval is now a square. Hope they don't mind to much.
I colored it and my new school collection Tilda with my Copics. Now I wanted the schoolhouse to have an old fashioned look. Kind of like an old painting. So I sponge inked a light brown over the image and sanded it. Don't know if that worked or not.
I used a dark red card stock for the base and the mat. And the pattern paper is an older Daisy D's paper. I gel pen stitched the edges of the card stock and then inked the edges and a bit over the gel pen ink to age it some. I used a red ribbon, tied a knot and then with red wire attached the charm for some fun. Then I cut out the Magnolia Books and only used three of them instead of the entire stack, she would have been too tall if sitting on all of them. I cut her out and placed her on the books. The sentiment, which yes, is crooked, is from Hero Arts. I just got this set and I made sure the block was perfect in the corner... dumb stamp is mounted crooked on the block! Oh well now I know.
I got ahead on some DT work also last night, and also worked on stamping out some images for a RAK, so it was a productive night for me. Today may be a different story as I woke up with a nightmare of a headache! I am going now to eat something and take some aspirin, hopefully that will help.
OH and before I forget... Jeanette is having some blog candy! She is celebrating 10,000 hits and has some great Magnolia stuff up for grabs! Run and take a look.
Hope you have a great Monday and have some time to get inky!
HUGS and-

25 comments:

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow Michelle this is beautiful, how clever you are! Hugs Linda x

kaz_za's crafty corner said...

wow michelle this is a stunning card... i love it...!!! you would think the school house was made for that tilda stamp..!!!

Sylvia Blum said...

no oval?!.. BUT .. just GORGEOUS!!!!!! your card is amazing.. I love everything about it!!!

Rach said...

fabulous card Michelle, love your school house stamp looks perfect with your tilda. hugs rachxx

Ila said...

Gorgeous and So Cute!! I love the way you colored the Tilda and school house and the scene you've created..Wonderful!!...Hugs, Ila

Heidi said...

Wow Michelle-this is just so beautiful.What a great job you have done with the coloring. And the schoolhouse is so great. Love it

Hugs from
Heidi

Dawn said...

wowee this is stunning - great little scene!

Anonymous said...

Just love the alota school house...perfect with this cute Tilda, lovely school scene.
Hugs
Carole :-)

Annie said...

what a precious old school house this is, and love Tilda sat on the pile of books, although she doesn't look so keen to be going inside! hugs, annie x

Karin said...

Hi Michelle,

what a beautifull card.
I love the schoolhouse and that cute Tilda in front of it.
Great papers and colours.

Hugs,
xoxo Karin

Cathy said...

Such a stunning card. Love the little school scene you have vreated - a great take on the sketch.
Cathy xx

Donalda said...

Oh this is just so cute!!!!!!!! I love the way you omade your scene dear, Gorgeous coloring!!!!

Debbie said...

Fab card michelle tilda looks so cute, Hugs Debbie x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Beautiful card Michelle, love how you've combined the stamps and your fabulous colouring, Hugs, Nikki x

Mette said...

Wonderful card. the combination of the stamps, the colours and super lay-out. It's fab.

Mette (UK)

Deb Wood said...

So very beautiful, love how you put it all together!!

Chris (catt871) said...

WOW!! Gorgeous!!! Now I need to find that school house.....arghhhh!!! YOU ENABLER YOU!!!! lol

Cynde said...

Michelle i love this card. All the details are so perfect. Love the charm with the ribbon, all the colors you've chosen. Gotta love the Alota rubber school house! Perfect job on your coloring as usual. Now I have to try to go find the School house too, like the outher person said! LoL
Thanks for the inspiration....

Anonymous said...

The school house is really adorable!

Swaantje said...

Cute image, your card is lovely!

Heidi said...

This just complements one another- I love this. It is so cute to set the image to the front/side- gives so much dimension. HEidi

Heather Huggins said...

Cool!! Love the school in the backgound.

Suzanne said...

Oh this is gorgeous I love the school house and Tilda looks so serious! Sue :o)

Chris (catt871) said...

I can't find this school house in the Alota stamps site....I typed in school, school house, schoolhouse, ohhh wait, is it a church??? I better go check!!! LOL

Kim Dellow said...

Oh fabulous as always. Kimx