Monday, March 16, 2009

I am a bit more organized.. just a bit

I spent most of the evening.. sorting... cleaning and just getting my desk a bit more organized! I am in a temporary space - until Hubby builds my craft space I am in a corner of our bedroom. And I have WAY too much stuff for this corner than has spilled into 1/2 of the bedroom. I am what you would say a messy crafter as well. When I get to crafting and going good, I don't put up things like I should and I stack and pitch into drawers. Well last night I sorted and cleaned off the top of my desk, and went through the "junk" drawers! I found so many embellishments I totally forgot I had! I still have just a little more to do today to put things back, but I think I can work there a while again! But more importantly.. I have "new" stuff to use that I totally forgot about that is a big bonus of cleaning up. I can't wait until I have a space that is mine! I sooooo hope that this year it can get done.




Because of my spring cleaning - I didn't craft - I have a couple of new cards I made on Saturday when my buddies were here, but before I show those I want to show the one other card I submitted as the round two Instyle project... don't want to forget to show it, I really like how it came out!

I just love these RETRO images, they are so fun! I colored "Susie Q" with my Copics, then high lighted with both my White Gel Pen and Spica Glitter pens. For my papers I used SEI Dill Blossoms papers, they have that retro feel to them. And they have a great texture to them. I put my layout together and matted the image with the solids from the collection, and sewed things together with a blanket stitch on my sewing machine. I used Martha Stewart Double Dot Scallop Border punch across the bottom of the card. I cut out one of the flowers from the pattern paper, and pop dotted it on the front of the card overlapping onto the image, then added stickles to the flower for some sparkle and bling. I was happy with how this one turned out - and I guess they liked it at InStyle too... cuz they asked me to join and I just can't wait to get started!


Well today is not going to be a fun day for me.... I promised Hubby I would "clean" up the computer cabinet... funny the things that get stacked around the computer. And also back up the computer and run all the full virus programs. Fun huh? Oh well once done I will sleep better. I am not the best at doing back ups... I think it is the million CD's it takes (our business stuff and photos)... but today won't be as bad... I got an external hard drive! Whoo Hoo...hook that baby up and it shouldn't take nearly as much time!

Hope you have something a lot more fun planned for your Monday!
HUGS and-


14 comments:

Moni said...

Waw it is such a beauty! Love the layout and great stiching, you did great work! Hugs, Moni

pinky said...

Oh tis beautiful, love the image, the stitching and the colours.
Its great to get tidied, bet your looking forward to your own space.
Pinky

la verdad oculta del ser said...

muy elegante y bonito

retiredheather said...

Great work. Lovely card. Good luch on the challenge.
Hugs
Heather

Annie said...

you got the cleaning bug too! at least with the external HD you can leave it to get on with things and maybe go and craft a bit .. .. just a suggestion! love the fun card you made and Congratulations on your DT place. hugs, annie x

StampinCathy said...

This is just adorable. Love the colors and all the details. Cute image.

Ila said...

I love this card!! the image is Fabulous...everything is so classy...and I lvoe the blanket stitching!!..Hugs, Ila

WickedPixie said...

Beautiful card! I love your colors!

I like to be around the res of the family and the tv while I craft so my stuff has slowly spread to take over the dining room (we don't even eat in there any more!) and now is working it's way into the living room! HA!

Betty J Schaub said...

very cute! I esp. like how you cut out the flower and popped it up!

Trina said...

Hi Michelle!!
Your card is adorable!! I love your image and all your stitching!! That border punch is very nice too!
Hugs,
Trina

Sharon said...

Suzie looks great Michelle. Beautiful card.

kay said...

gorgeous card.
kayx

kay said...

gorgeous card.
kayx

Janna said...

Doesn't it feel great to organized! I just love it! Of course in my case it never stays that way for long but it still feels great! And what an amazing entry! I can definitely see why you were chosen! The papers are gorgeous and I love the colorign and layout! But that sentiment really ties everything together! What a great card!

Smiles,
janna