Thursday, May 14, 2009

YOU WANNA WALK THE PLANK?

Well you might if you could get this new set at the end of it! Take a look at this sneak peek "Matey"! Well I love all of this months new releases from The Greeting Farm.. but this set Matey is my favorite! I think it is that soft spot I have for that cutie Captain Jack ;0) - But seriously this is a whole set of stamps that are all wonderful - me.. for my card just pulled out the Captain!I have colored with my Copics and then cut him out with my Fiskar's kraft knife. I even made his face just a bit dirty as do you really know a pirate that is clean?Man I am going to have to spend a whole day cleaning up my crafting area... first yesterday's Surfer Ian's wave paper - then when working on today's card I literally pulled everything off the shelves looking for this paper - I knew I had purchased this 7 gypsies pirate/treasure map paper - I had always thought I would make a scrapbook page about my nieces and Hubby's love of the Pirate movies - they do quotes to each other all the time - oh well I don't really scrapbook hardly any so ... the paper had a higher calling!

Because the paper was just so perfect I really didn't want to cover to much of it up - There is two pieces here the treasure map - then I cut the border off of a second piece, in person you can tell that is a large black ribbon across the middle above the cross bones. I added the four pieces of jewelery spacers with gold brads - and then one extra gold brad for the Captain's ear ring. I then doodled the edges with my Sakura Glaze pen. I also decorated the inside with scraps of the paper... duh forgot to take a photo of it.


You just must visit the Club Anya Blog and see some of the others Matey cards - and visit the DT for even more! There is a Virtual Stamping "Luau" is all set to begin at 8pm CST! We look forward to seeing all of you on the PCP page and Club Blog too for your official release and contest winners info.


Well that is it for me today ... running out the door - Vicki looks like she is wanting to wait until the weekend... so I am going to run a few errands as quick as I can this morning - I'll be back later to do my visiting -

HUGS and-

10 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

SO that is what those are, jewelry spacers? They're GORGEOUS and I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you thought to put an eaerring in! That is SOOOOO Jack Sparrow! hee hee

I LOVE this card, Michelle! Thanks for your awesome previews this week! You rock!

Brittany said...

Aww, I love this card Michelle!! Captain Jack is so adorable... :]

Great job on your card!!
&& Thanks for the peek

-Brittany xx

kaz_za's crafty corner said...

i love it.... he is just soooo brill.... i sooo need the stamps...!!! and your card is just wonderful...!!!! it steals the show...lol
kaz_za

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous Michelle!

WickedPixie said...

So Cute! And I am so stealing the earring idea on my next one (I can hardly wait to make another one!) that is just brilliant! :) Traci

Viv said...

What a cool idea with the spacers! Such a cute card.
Hope you're not tempting fate by going out to do a few things....

Maria said...

Awesome card, Michelle!! That Ian is a character! LOL! You really highlighted Ian so nicely. . your coloring is fantastic as always!!

Maria

Annie said...

Hi Michelle! I love that fabby pirate! hugs, annie x

Suzanne said...

Oh this pirate is soo cute and again perfect papers. Sue :o)

Ila said...

I love this Super Cute pirate card!!..and those jewelery spacers look fabulous!!..Have a Lovely Weekend!!...Hugs, Ila