Monday, June 29, 2009

InStyle Method Monday - Embossing with what you have!

Hello again all! I apologize to those that don't like more than one notice in a day for post -but today was just one of those days where I had lots of business to take care of... not normal.



Today it is my turn to share a Method Monday technique on the InStyle Stamps DT Blog - and you know if you look back at all of the wonderful past Method Monday post it is getting really tough to come up with new stuff to show off! There are some GREAT ideas and inspirations there!



For my "method" today I went back to something I use to do all the time, before I had the goal of owning every embossing folder made that is... use what I have - make do with the supplies I already own. And you know sometimes that makes a better, and different project that I am more proud of!



For all the details on this tutorial please visit my post on the InStyle blog HERE

This tutorial shows how to use punches and die cuts to make your own embossed card stock. Like the stars on my patriotic card with InStyles Stamps Retro Stamp DEB -

I just love Deb... I know you could make her be anything on any type of card - but every time I see her I think of a 1940's USO girl - and then I hear that music and bands in my head. Love it!

Again I do hope you will visit the Instyle Blog to see all the details of how I made this card - it was really alot of fun to put together!

HUGS and have a great Monday afternoon!

9 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Michelle.

Hugs Riet.x

Linda said...

Love the way you have done the flag.....very BEAUTIFUL!!

WickedPixie said...

This is a striking card! I love the paper piercing on the flag! :-) Traci

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Michelle, wow, love how you created the flag! Great idea!
Hugs
Carole x

Happy Crafter said...

Great card Michelle love how you put it all together and i love Deb too :)
Hugzz Val xxx

DawnMarie said...

Hi Michelle, love it love it love it, gorgeous card and I love how you've used the die cuts and punches I will definitely be looking at that tutorial. I thought of the Christina Aguleria song 'candy man' when I saw your card. Its so fab. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

StampOwl said...

love how you created the flag Michelle ... fabulous!!!!!!!!

Ila said...

Totally Gorgeous Michelle!!...Deb is Fabulous..your coloring and embossing looks Wonderful!...off to check out the details...Hugs, Ila

Janis Lewis said...

Great card!