Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Alota Music for PCP Challenge 15

Hello - there is a new challenge on the Alota Rubber Stamps PCP group - and this one is a technique I wasn't sure how to do... Spotlighting - basically to pop a spotlight of the image on your card - you can do it black and white then color the spotlight or how ever you see it.


Me... I did mine as a grey and white image to go better with the colors of my papers. Then I stamped a second image and then with my Fiskars circle the wonderful horn playing bug - that I colored with my Copics. After I laid it down on the "plain" image... it just didn't do anything for me at all.... So I decided to give it that smokey... vintage look by coloring with my Prisma pencils. Then putting my Copic circle on top. I kind of like that!

For the card - Sorry I did it again!!! I glued down the name of the paper! Duh... Sorry but it is pretty isn't it? The base is white card stock, I punched the bottom of the pattern paper with a EK Success border punch. Then found a really skinny American Crafts dotted ribbon and ran bands across the bottom and above the punch. Then in my scraps from last week I saw the button paper I used last week. And the row of green buttons just jumped off the paper at me. I cut that row off and ran it above the ribbon. Then it just needed to be finished with another band of ribbon.

I had a circle on my desk from another project and again it just jumped off the desk at me! I felt it needed something around the circle so I wrote around it with my white gel pen... "Toot your own horn" over and over. I think it is pretty darn cute.. And glad this challenge made me try something new -

Maybe you can give the challenge a try? And there is a prize too - :0)

Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday -

7 comments:

Diana said...

Hey Michelle
I love my high speed , now I can see all your wonderful cards again ..and you did great On this one ..I love the spotlight ..
hope all is well
Hugs and Smiles
Diana

Ila said...

Super Cute and Gorgeous!!...what a fabulous stamp...and your coloring is Awesome!!...Hugs, Ila

DawnMarie said...

Hi Michelle, beautiful card. Really like the spotlight technique its really effective. Beautiful colouring too. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Michelle,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Donalda said...

This is just gorgeous dear, I so love the image you have used and the technique is awesome. Hugs

Happy Crafter said...

Fab card Michelle and very cute images,the spotlighting looks great :)
Hugzz Val xxx

Cathy said...

Michelle, this is so cute!! I love these little bugs!! THey are so sweet!! Hugs, Cathy