Thursday, December 17, 2009

Mo's Challenge is all white!

Today at Mo's Digital Challenge we were asked to make an all white card! Sounds simple huh? I reallllly had a hard time with it! LOL

This is Singin so Beautiful I love these two cats! Perfect Christmas card for the cat lover.. I colored with my Copics, then used glitter paint for the fur on their hats and then puffy paint for some "snow" on the ground.


For my WHITE card I started with a piece of white Bazzill card stock as the base. Then I took a small piece of white card stock and ran it through my Cuttlebug with the Spellbinders Snowflake embossing template. (you can see that the are snowflakes in person... in the photos is just looks bumpy! LOL)

I ran a sheer satin ribbon over the edges of the embossed piece and tied a bow at the top. For my flowers - I stacked Michael's Bridal white flowers with small satin flowers I found in the bridal department. - then if you look real close you can see I put a bunch of Martha Stewart punched branches out of vellum all around the flowers... vellum is hard to see!


My image I cut out with a Spellbinders Circle - around the edge I put a layer of the sparkle paint... and then I smudged it! Oops! But it is only an accident if you can't fix it right? Well I kind of liked the smudges part... so I used my compressor and blew out the rest of the bead of paint! HOW COOL!   My accident ended up being a "technique" I may use in the future! LOL

So despite me freaking out a bit about an all white card  - I like how it turned out!

I hope  you will visit MO's Digital Pencil Challenge blog and see the other all white cards and then try one yourself!

Have a wonderful Thursday! EEEKKK only one more week until Christmas!!!
HUGS and -

6 comments:

zuila said...

Awesome card!

Jo said...

Michelle this is fabulous, I love this image and they look so real. hugs Jo x

Suzanne J Dean said...

I love my 5 cats, and this image always makes me smile! Love your coloring and fabulous white embellies!

hugz,
Suzanne

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Michelle,i love your image and colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Elaine L. said...

This is beautiful, Michelle! I have to get that image for next year's cards. I love your new 'technique', too!

The Wired Angel said...

Beautiful card Michelle! Thanks for all you do to make our challenges so much fun. Love your new pup too! Hugs, Peggy