Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Spoon Full of Sugar - 3-D

It is Tuesday - Tuesday means Spoon Full of Sugar day! Yea! and it is a 3-D challenge! Anything 3-D and goes!

For me, it was a chance to try out one of my new BIG SHOT PRO dies... I got a scalloped bag die, and isn't it just too cute? And big enough to actually use for a real gift.. LOL

So I cut out the bag with a piece of light purple card stock, then I inked the edges so those gorgeous scallops would stand out! For the decoration of the bag I colored Stampavie's Sarah Kay "Olivia with her kittens Kiki and Sugar"
 ... but don't look for kiki and sugar.. I cut them out with my Nesties oval...  now here is my reasoning...

When I was a kid, my Mom and I went on a trip to visit her family. As a present to bribe me to be good on the road, I got this adorable little round purse. Dark purple... with an oval window in the center. In this little pocket window there was this adorable little doll. I was so in love with that little doll in that purse. One problem. The only way to get it out was to destroy the purse and I so didn't want to to that.. and was told that a big girl wouldn't ruin her purse. Well I did keep it all nice the entire trip - but not long after returning home, it somehow accidentally got a tear in the window and the dolly "fell" out.   Ok so the purse was ruined, but I sure loved that little doll :0)

Long stupid story ... to tell you how much I love this die and that little oval "window" the original image was just too large, it would have covered the entire center of the purse, and my little purse as a girl had flourishes and flowers... so this one still needed room for those too :0)
The front, has the oval image, with a scallop matting out of scrap. I then used a sizzix die for the flourishes from green card stock. Then found 6 white Prima flowers with added jewelry spacers and dark purple mini brads. The band across the middle... So loved making that. This is one of Martha Stewarts new border punches, called embroidered floral. (and it has a matching corner punch too) I punched out one side, then measured enough space for a satin ribbon, then punched the other side, there are little slits on this punch, perfect for running small ribbon through! So I found a dark purple ribbon and wove it through both sides.
I added a matching bow at the top of the bag as a closure to the top.

I hope you enjoyed my little 3-d scalloped bag... and my long winded story of favorite little purse as a child. :0)

Now visit the Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge and see the DT's amazing 3-d items!! WOW and there is a great prize again this week. 

Have a great Tuesday!
HUGS and-

7 comments:

Cards By MI said...

Really sweet! Lovely colours. Love how you have coloured "SK".
xMarei

Riet said...

What beautiful Michelle,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lynda Nielsen said...

Wowee, this is awesome. I bet that die really helps take some of the guess work out of things huh? Very Cool! I love the colors you've chosen to use. Purples being my fav. LOL
Hugs
Lynda

Maria said...

Sweet bag Michelle! Loooove the sweet image and how you've coloured her. Flourish and ribbon add the perfect touch. Hugs, Maria

Janette said...

The bag and the image are just so sweet,love them,but the story about the purse and the doll....brilliant,love little memories like that,and they forever stay with us,thanks for sharing yours.x

Jo said...

Michelle this is so sweet, lovely colours and such a lovely story to go with it. Hugs Jo x

cheryl said...

oh this is one beautifully designed bag love the colurs and super detail too love cheryl xxxx