Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Spoon Full of Sugar - One for the Boys!

This week A Spoon Full of Sugar has the challenge for make a card for the boys, guys... men in our lives. Now that is a hard challenge!! LOL Seriously.. men cards are tough! What no flowers, no frilly ribbons, no bling??? OH my!

Well here is my plain boring guy card...


I broke the no bling... both of my pattern papers have a sparkle to them. I just love these DCWV, and My Minds Eye papers, and you know ... I think they can look "manly" too!!  I sewed them down with a dark brown thread - My image is one of Stampavie's Gillian Roberts new images, this is Soccer Crazy. Note a boy in the image! and doing a sport..  I found a ribbon in my stash that says The Soccer Star - works well with the image, and then I cut out the sentiment - a Sizzix die from the card sentiments collection. I have had this collection of dies forever, why haven't I been using them? I don't know.. but will start again!

Now I know I would have normally added some flowers and other embellishments. But guys just normally don't have that do they? Oh well..  But I still think my card is ok, maybe cuz "I" still see that bling on the papers. LOL

Now pop over and see how all the Spoon DT came together with all of the different GUY cards. Love them! Then join us and make a card for a man in you life... hint hint... great prize this week... :0)

HUGS and-

5 comments:

Rach said...

a gorgeous guy card hun, love the papers and that ribbon is just perfect.x

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Michelle! Love it!

Jingle said...

This is really cute!

Kelly Schelske said...

He's so cute Michelle! Love that ribbon too!

Debbi said...

Love this card! The image and ribbon work so well together. Love the stitching, too.
*smiles*
debbi