Saturday, June 19, 2010

Animal Crackers - From Four to One....

It is a bit of a sad morning in the goat pen this morning - last night Paintbrush lost 3 of her 4 babies. They moved next door - now that is good, cuz I can visit them. But a bit hard on Paintbrush. The neighbor isn't right next door, I can see her house but she is a ways off. But sound... well sound carries a long way here in the country. And Paintbrush can still hear her babies calling out - just crushes my heart - Ricky, Fred and Ethel are talking non-stop. New home, new pen, new house and all the "mini donkeys" that they are use to being surrounded by... well they now have warm blood horses.... WAY WAY bigger. But they have a nice pen and house and they will be fine once they get use to their new home. But tell that to paintbrush today...   Oh and I kept Lucy :0) She is my girl... and at least Mom still has one of her quads...
Annie... she is getting closer to being a Mom again. By my calendar 3-4 weeks I think. Annie had her first baby in January - a gorgeous little girl. She didn't survive. So I hope that this time she has a bouncing baby full of health and life. She isn't huge, so I don't know if she will have more than one... what ever as long as they - he - she is healthy!

 Speaking of getting close.. I am sticking real close to home this weekend - Vickie is really showing all the signs... I think we may have some new baby photos to show off right away!!!  She is more than ready by the looks of this photo... 



I just love Bella's ears - they are so large, and silky... She may be a "plain grey dun" but she is pretty - and has a wonderful loving personality. We purchased her as a youth.. to re-sale... but well, we fell in love with her and decided to keep her, so glad we did :0)
 
Scraggly Felicia  - poor little thing. She doesn't know that she is a mess. She thinks she is beautiful. And that is how I like all my children, despite the fact that Mom and Dad sheared her and she is just a mess. She was our long hair donkey, and the heat was just too much for her, we sheared most all of her fur one night and thought in a few nights we would clean her up and make her pretty... weeks have gone by and life has been crazy busy so she is still a mess. But she feels better, cooler and that was the goal. She is so tiny and beautiful regardless of her hair.


No Libbie and Autie this week, I snapped 40-50 photos out there this morning, and they were all just horrible. With the goats all making noise, all the summer bugs screaming - it was just more than they could handle...

I did get a cool "bug" photo... A Dragonfly. Love that blue color! Hubby says we have bright pink and green ones too.. need to snap photos of them, really pretty wings too... just as I snapped this photo he flew away... but that is ok, cuz they eat mosquitoes and that is a GREAT thing here with two ponds on our property!!

4 comments:

BethW said...

Please send me some of your dragonflies-we are in desperate need. We have 3 bats that hang around but they can't seem to make a dent.
Poor Vickie-that is definitely a wide load she's carrying. I think Felicia looks adorable!

Jo said...

Michelle, love this weeks cards and fab animal crackers apart from the last photo, freaked me out!!! I'm sure lovely Felicia is happy with what you have done to her long hair and she is as beautiful as ever. Bella reminds of the donkeys that used to be on the sands as a child, she looks so cuddley and loveable. Hope you have a fab week. Hugs Jo x

Danni said...

Lovin' the photos, as usual!

Rufus said...

Poor Paintbrush, that's gotta be hard. To hear the kids calling Momma, Momma, Momma and not be able to go to them. Hope they adjust to their new home soon. Great pic, as usual.
R/