Friday, June 4, 2010

Just Magnolias - Special Monthly Tutorial Challenge with a Sketch!

Hello - did anyone else loose a couple of days this week? Man that Holiday on Monday really has made me loose time this week, even more behind than normal with my weekly chores!

This week at Just Magnolias there is a wonderful Monthly Tutorial - that we have combined with a great sketch!

For my card I played with one of the newest Tildas... I just love her dress, I bet it is really silky and has lots of lace :0)
She is just gorgeous isn't she! I colored with my Copics and then over her dress I added a layer of Smooch, it has a sheer white look to it, gives the "dress" some texture... like it!
I followed the sketch from the challenge, and went with all yellows and greens - I found a scrap of paper, I think may be Heidi Grace. I sewed it to two layers of mats. Then I followed the tutorial and made my ruffle border on one of the bands. I think I did just a bit to much gathering... leave it to me to over do it! Three medium mulberry roses for the circles at the top of the sketch, and then my sentiment from Hero Arts is a circle, punched with a Fiskars Squeeze punch matted with a Fiskars Squeeze Circle punch.

Hope you will pop over to Just Magnolias and join us! Great Tutorial, wonderful sketch and as always... GREAT prizes!

HUGS!

9 comments:

Jolita said...

Hi Michelle,

what a gorgeous card. I love this stamp, have to get one myself :-).
The hair is really beautiful coloured!!!

Hugs,
Jolita

Tracy said...

Gorgeous colours and I love your use of the lace detail. Wonderful creation.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Sew This N That said...

Oh she is so scrummy, love the colours that you have chosen and love the ruffled piece....how can you say "too much ruffling" Never!
Take care hun,
*hugs* Heather x

Kelly Schelske said...

It's beautiful Michelle!!

Stampin Mindy said...

This is so lovely! I love the yellow. Her hair color is AMAZING! Beautiful card.

Riet said...

So beautiful card Michelle,i love your image and the colours.
so gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Marion said...

Fabulous card Michelle and a gorgeous image. Love the colouring and that paper is fabby.
Marion

Lavender Rose said...

This is so pretty, the way you have coloured Tilda's hsir is just amazing. I love the summery colours and that ruffle border.

Irena said...

Gorgeous card :)