Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Spoon Full of Sugar - Enjoying the Sunshine!

Today is Spoon Full of Sugar Day and the theme this week is all about the sun! The team is asking for anything that makes you enjoy the sunshine, whether that means your image shows enjoying the sunshine or you use colors that feel the warmth of enjoying the sun - me I did both :0)
My card starts off with a bright yellow Bazzil Bling card stock.. yes BRIGHT yellow huh? I then pulled three pattern papers from the DCWV Songbird collection, love the warmth of this collection - perfect for the challenge. And they have bling.. :0)  I matted with the dark orange pattern, then the flower pattern - sewed together. The green glittery pattern paper is used as a large band, bordered with EK Success border punch and more of the yummy dark orange paper. Again Sewed. The satin ribbon might be a bit brighter than the rest of the card, but I think I like it. And the sentiment is from the DCWV Collection, cut from one of the patterns.
My image - I think the Stampavie Gillian Roberts Looking at You image is a perfect enjoying the sun image - what better than lounging in the grass stretched out admiring a gorgeous summer butterfly? I colored with Copics and then doodled around the edge, trying to go along with the doodle look of the floral pattern.

Hope my card brought warmth to you and you enjoyed it.. for more Enjoying the Sunshine visit the Spoon Full of Sugar Blog and then join us for a chance at a great prize -

HUGS and-



2 comments:

Riet said...

So beautiful card Michelle,i love your image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Michelle, love the colours!
Clairexx