Friday, June 17, 2011

Just Magnolias and Hanglars - Paper Piecing!

Time to play with some Paper Piecing for the Just Magnolias and Hanglars Challenge! I love to paper piece. Reminds me of playing paper dolls ;0) Dressing up Tilda in pretty dresses with pretty paper patterns!

I also took this opportunity to make a different type of card - I used my new Grand Nesties Labels 4 - These are wonderful HUGE dies. So huge I need to get the larger platforms cuz my little ones don't work... arghhh! So I just worked with what I had and cut 1/2 of each side of the die and then attached to a 6x6 piece of paper to make an unusual gate fold card. Does that make any sense?

A photo might help you "see" it - I cute the three larger sizes of the die - one card stock, then two Prima Pattern papers. Inked the sides of all of them. My Tilda is colored with Copics then cut out and placed on a Nesties Labels 13 dies inked. This is attached to the right side opening - I added Papertrey ink ribbon and mulberry roses for embellishments. And then that paper pieced dress!! Just love a polka-dot dress don't you? Matches one of the pattern papers in my card.

The inside is done up too - All with Prima Papers -

That tag in the middle is part of the Prima paper stack, I just stamped the Alota Rubber Stamps Happy Birthday in the center of it. It was fun to do a bit different folded card - should do it more often - plain ole' square does get old huh? Habit mostly I think.

Now I hope you pop over to the Just Magnolia's and Hanglar's challenge and join us! It is my week to host, so I would love for you to pop over!

See you tomorrow for Animal Crackers!
HUGS and -

7 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

Wow Michelle, that is incredibly beautiful.

Dee in N.H. said...

Amazing card! Love the layers and those really cool colors!

kendell said...

This is just an awesome card. Thanks for sharing. Kindest regard kendell

Crafting Diva said...

Wow just stunning!!!! love the soft vintage type tones image is super and over all a truly amazing card!!!! hugs from Diva

Carol Dee said...

Fabulous gate card. Beautiful papers. Sounds like you need a NEW toy! :) Hugs....

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE This card is super cute! love it!!!!
Heidi Brawley

Arline said...

This is absolutely stunning!x