Friday, July 1, 2011

Just Magnolias and Hanglars - Anything Goes with an option of Shabby Chic!

First of the month ALREADY!!! WOW where the heck did June go so fast! Well if it is the first Friday of the month then that means it is the Anything Goes Challenge at Just Magnolias and Hanglars. This week there is an option of Shabby Chic.. totally love that!

For me I tried something new, I had seen these adorable little handbag or purse cards all over the net while blog surfing - I got my measurements from HERE . Was really easy to follow. And honestly it was a whole lot like my napkin card I did a while back... HERE But this just really has that totally girlie feel to it! WE all love a cute little handbag don't we??

 Now if I could just run out an purchase a life size of this! LOL I used my Magnolia Roses to embellish my little purse. This was so fun to make, I Use LOTS of Tilda papers - gorgeous papers BTW... not to be confused with Magnolias Tilda, this is a different company. I got mine from my good buddie Barbara's store called, Timbroscrapmania. She has all the hard to find stuff! :0)

Now back to my little purse. I used lots of Tilda papers as I said, all inked with Distress ink, matted with Kraft Paper and the purse made with cream colored card stock. A pink Satin Ribbon for the handle. My lace is a EK Success border punch, with vintage buttons as closures. My Magnolia Roses are colored with Copics - R81, R83, R84, YG63, YG99 - and inked with Distress ink as well after cutting them out.

And when you open up the little purse, it unfolds to this....

 Again lots of Tilda papers.... the center square has more Magnolia Roses, an adorable little Magnolia purse, and then a sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Birthday Inside and Out set.
I doodled the edges and ink as well. Totally giggling over this one! It is so fun to do cute things! I am saving this little purse for a birthday for someone, I hope she likes it. :0)

Here it is all closed up again... from the side.
What do you think?

Now pop over to the Just Magnolia and Hanglar Challenge and see all the DT's wonderful work, with a Shabby Chic twist. Then join us for our special prize this week!

Better get my groove going... Lunch with my buddy Tracey, then our girlie pedicure and manicure appointment. Wonder if she will like my girlie purse?

See you tomorrow for Animal Crackers!
HUGS and -

7 comments:

Ursula's Kreativecke said...

wunderschön, kann mich nicht sattsehen.

Liebe Grüße
Ursula

Dee in N.H. said...

How pretty! I would love a real big one!

Carol Dee said...

Ohhhh, I must try this. So adorable. Maybe you could design purses next. 'CauseI would by a lifesize one like this for sure!!! Have a wonderful Weekend, hugs....

Kelly Schelske said...

This is so pretty Michelle!!

kendell said...

Thanks for sharing this purse card, I think it is adorable. Kindest regards kendell

Mik said...

I haven't seen anything like this before. Very Cool!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Wow, that's GORGEOUS.