Saturday, August 20, 2011

Animal Crackers - Gabrielle and waiting more babies -

Thankfully Gabrielle is doing better. She is still getting a slight fever late in the afternoon. But she is starting to do better at regulating her temperature. It is just so hot  - so I am taking every day one day at a time and celebrating that her temp isn't getting too high.
 She is adorable isn't she :0) Her and her Mom are more than ready to be released into the big pen.... just a little longer kids!

Here is Caliente "Cali" and Felicia. Cali is Gabrielle's big sister. I love how different they look, Cali looks like her Dad Raffie, and Gabby like her Mom...  Now Felicia... carbon copy of her Mom Macey and her big sister Lina... Genetics... a funny thing isn't it?


Look at our boy Jorge...
 Now don't get me wrong - we miss Carlos and Paco... they are loving their new ranch and are happy BTW. But I have to say here.... Jorge has really come out of his shell. He has become very friendly and up front. Carlos was a very controlling boy in the Fraternity Pen... But now that he is gone, the younger guys are really warming up and loving... I mean look at that face - adorable!

And about those Mom's to be we are waiting on....
 I hope they keep things the same. I don't usually tell them that... but it is too hot for babies! We don't like them to deliver this time of year - but well...... we had some things going on last summer (me and my eye) and well some breeding happened when we didn't think it was. And well now we have some hot pregnant ladies. This year things are being controlled. Sadly the way to control it is to pen up the Jacks. So Raffie and Black Jack are in smaller pens away from their gals. When it cools off in September or October we will let them back into the bigger pens. Until then... we wait and keep an eye on the very wide girls. Jazz will probably be first, sometime next week...... we think.

Caught a cute photo of some napping goats.
 Chloe and her kids Denim and Belle always sleep together. They are always in a wad together. Here there was a morning breeze they found some shade and were taking a bit of a nap. Sweet huh?

My Libbie - High Strung - Leader of the pack - With that High pitch bark.....
Man I love her.... :0) She is a pretty thing isn't she! 

Hope you have a wonderful Saturday! I am going to work a few hours and then do some crafty things today :0) 

HUGS and-
 


7 comments:

Marilyn said...

One of my favourite rituals... An early Saturday morning, my cup of 'get-me-going' coffee and Michelle's Animal Crackers. Love it@

Carol Dee said...

I agree with Marilyn. A saturday morning must. Go visit Michelle and her menagerie! :) Love the napping goats. Seems it would be to warm to lay that close together. Glad to hear the little one is doing better. Hugs...

Helen said...

Thanks for sharing these sweet pictures of our furry friends. It is good to hear that Gabrielle is still a bit better; we keep crossing our fingers! Let's hope that mother nature let this mum's to be still carry a bit longer, so the babies are not born in the heat; but of course we never can control this (unfortunately sometimes). Hugs from Holland.

Shelly said...

So glad to hear that Gabby is improving. :) Thanks for sharing your animal crackers.

Heidi said...

Oh Michelle, I still want to take one of those donkeys home. That Gabby is beautiful.

Kirsten Alicia said...

It's such a relief to know that Gabrielle is getting stronger, I keep hoping for cooler weather for you. Wonderful photo of Libbie, she IS a very pretty girl.

The Crafting Cook said...

Love my daily/weekly Animal Crackers email updates- shame live so far away, else I'd want to be visiting regularly! Glad Gabby is improving love seeing all the animals! Teresa x