Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Inky Impressions - Glitter it Up!


Well the theme of today's Inky Impressions challenge is Glitter it Up! You might have guessed that if you saw my post yesterday ;0) -- I got a few new stamps from Nicole at Inky Impressions this last week and I was just dying to use them all at once! But I think Rock n' Roll Donnie was one that I just had to have and use right away. I don't know why... I just think he is too fun!
 Isn't he handsome? Just makes you swoon doesn't it? Swoon.. there is word that isn't used much anymore! I colored with my Copics. Then I added dimensional glaze on his sunglasses and guitar.. sorry you can't see that in the photo - really is shiny! 

Then for my card for the challenge - LOTS of Glitter here with two colors of Glitter card stock.

 I saw this image with a sort of spot light look with it. Well that was in my head I am not sure I pulled it off to well with the card stock or not. But that was the goal... a shiny, sparkling spot light. I tore a piece of scrap My Minds Eye music paper to use as a mat behind the oval cut image. I used to JoAnn's rub on sentiments - a little hard to read in the photo. They too look better in person. It needed more, and really I couldn't figure out how to embellish it. So I just used 4 brown buttons tied with twine.

A simple card from me. I can't decide if I like or not... I have such a struggle with simple and not adding more and more and more.

Now pop over to the Inky Impressions Challenge HERE and if you would like to do some shopping you can visit the Inky Impressions Store HERE. And please do join us for the Inky Impressions Challenge... you don't have to use Inky Impressions images - but get extra credit if you do :0) -

Well Hubby and I are gearing up for some work around here. Got all our supplies and now it is just a matter of getting a couple of days in a row to do the "Work" we are going to try this week... cleaning and painting... new colors for the living room, dining room and our main hall!! Whoo Hoo!!! We have been talking about doing this for over a year - When we moved in I was in a sage green phase. So tired of the green now. I am more in a brown and taupe mood. Bringing in color with our "junk" instead of the walls. So I showed you the kitchen a while back... chocolate brown - we did the bathroom in a bit of darker brown and white, and now the rest of the rooms in the front of our house will go a light taupe color. So excited about it.... well not the work of moving all our very heavy furniture and the actual painting.. LOL like Hubby will let me do much, he likes to do the painting his self. I just don't do it to his standards! That is ok with me... but it will still be lots of moving and cleaning -

Hope you have a great day!
HUGS and

5 comments:

Joey said...

Gorgeous card Michelle, love the layout of this. Joey x

Anonymous said...

Love the card. I think you did achieve the spot light effect you were after. At fist I thought the buttons at the botton were records! You know the old vinyl kind, that have gone the way of the word "swoon".

Barb

Carol Dee said...

Fun card. He has me SWOONING! Hugs...

Unknown said...

The spotlight effects defo works.. super glitter card honey xx

Helen said...

What a gorgeous card. I love it! Good luck with the work in the house. Hugs.