Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Good thing I have a few Made up Projects -

HI - the Rodeo on Monday was really fun. Totally loved watching the sheep dog trials! And we enjoyed a really nice day together, Hubby and I.  Well until late in the day.... well accident prone Michelle entered ! But honestly this wasn't my fault - Really it wasn't! Working with the horses - I was holding a rope for Hubby and in a totally flash - my hand was pinned to the fence post and the rope was spiraling out of my hand and well... OUCH! I have rope burns on all four fingers on the inside of my right hand. Bad Rope Burns. I am actually doing pretty good considering I am not a Lefty and can't figure out how to do anything without my right hand. How do you lefty's do it? :0)

So no coloring for a little while, in fact I tried to use my scissors today and couldn't even open and close them once... so I moved them to my left hand and well cut right into the middle of what I cutting, so I think scissors will have to wait a little while as well. Sigh... Good thing I have a few made up Projects left from CHA!

Here is one of the new Stampavie Sarah Kay images  - "Bath Time"
I went vintage with this one. Colored the image with my Promarkers, then tore her out and inked the edges. I used scrap pattern papers one that looks like cardboard, and one with script pattern. Sorry lost the names. I backed it with brown card stock that I punched with a Martha Stewart border punch. Now do you recognize that chandelier? YEP another Stampavie image. From Penny Johnson - Now this was totally cool - I took a piece of the brown card stock, and I stamped with bleach! Yes plain ole bleach! Now I made sure to wash my stamp well after using the stamp. But the effects were totally cool - will be doing this again for sure. I stamped the brand new Tina Wenke Dream stamp with bleach as well on a scrap of blue paper.

Some sewing, pearls and dotted swiss ribbon and I like how this card came out! And I love that it was already done to show you!

No worries... I'll be ok, and my private nurse "Hubby" has been taking pretty good care of me... following me around asking if I have soaked my hand and checking my boo boo's every time he can. I feel so bad that I can't clean the house and do my chores around the house... really I do. LOL

Have a great day -
HUGS and-

7 comments:

Helen said...

OMG it even hurts over here when I read your story (done this once with a dog leash; the ones which roll in and out) Hope your hand recoveres quickly, make sure hubby takes good care of you. Your card is fabulous. Hugs, Helen

Rhonda Miller said...

Ouch! I'll be praying for a quick recovery and back to coloring and cutting soon.
Your card is great. TFS.

Carol Dee said...

Darling card. OUCH rope burns can really sting. Heal quickly. (Nice to have your own private duty nurse!) *wink*

Dee in N.H. said...

OUCH! I hate rope burn!! Glad you got to see the sheepdog trials before all that! I LOVE those trials! We go to an all day one every fall at the fair in Fryeburg Me. Lots of challenges for really talented teams.

Michele G said...

Get better Michelle....

Kirsten Alicia said...

Major OUCH!!! I hope your hand heals quickly. Glad you enjoyed the rodeo.
Beautiful card, love the vintagey goodness.

Unknown said...

Oh my word Michelle - rope burns OUCH!! Poor you. Good old hubby looking after you...you really do have a good one there! That little girl in the bath is such a cutie, I love it and the bleach idea is really inspired. Don't know if I'm brave enough to try bleach though!
Hope your hand heals soon. x