Tuesday, October 9, 2012

High Hopes Challenge - It's a Sketch!

Hi - I really do thank each of you for your sweet comments about Little Jose. It was such a shock to us, and honestly a broken leg has been such a fear of mine for so long and with every little limp I panic. When Jose really did totally break his leg I just did not even know how to react. And we had so many different things going on here on Saturday, with a workman here to help with the building of the garage, neighbors stopping by, the vet, and unpacking, much less the fact that we were still on overload from our week of traveling and antiquing,  that I just found myself in a daze just trying to handle things and get through the day on Saturday. Sunday... both Hubby and I were on pause and took time to slow down and regroup. A cold front came through and it was really chilly here and a good day to stay in and charge our batteries, and deal with the loss of our little Jose. So thank you so much for all of your wonderful comments, they do help.

My post about some of the junk we found... I am just now sorting and cleaning things so I'll get some photos taken and try and post later in the week.. and for sure next Sunday on the regular day. We got lots of really great things!!! I am so excited about. I just wish I could keep it all... LOL

Now how about some craftiness?  Today is the High Hopes Challenge! And this week it is a sketch to play with. Just what I needed... no stress on a layout! Perfect timing!

Here is my card with one of the new release images, "Waddlin' By"  such a cutie!



These little penguins are just so much fun!  I colored with my Copics (sorry I didn't get the colors this time) and then I cut out my waddlin' friend. I found a older paper pad from Basic Grey "Eskimo Kisses" I love the colors in this collection. That house pattern paper was just too fun to put behind my pop dotted penguin. I then chose two other patterns and followed the sketch. I sewed down my papers after matting with red card stock. A white card stock base went perfectly. The sentiment is also from High Hopes. "Waddlin' by with a winter Hi!"  Great sentiment! I decided to keep things simple and just add some vintage red buttons to finish off.

Here is a side view -


And an inside view... simple too.



I am really loving this color combo for Christmas!

Now you just MUST waddlin' on over to the High Hopes Challenge Blog and see the other DT's work! It does seem like we are all having a ton of fun with this new release :0)  Then make sure to head over to the HH Store and see all the new release and maybe grab a few for your cards this year!


Well better get the day going. I am thinking this afternoon Hubby and I may run into town and visit a couple Antique Malls... NO not more shopping... getting info and pricing on booths! We have so much stuff that we have found and gathered the last few weeks that we are thinking a booth might just be a great selling venue! We both would love to do a few shows during the year. But they have to be close enough for staying at home at night... or should I say feeding breakfast and dinner to our kids. :0)

Have a wonderful day!
HUGS and-

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

I'm glad to hear you are coping with the loss of Jose... that is so hard, to lose one of the kids. We lost our dog about 6 months ago and you know, I just can't get another right now... we lost two in two years and I don't want to go through that again anytime soon.
Your card... it's gorgeous! Love those buttons, especially how they are different sizes. The Waddler is so cute and very clever how you've put him on the backing paper. Great papers too.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Carol Dee said...

CUTEST card. Love the penguin strolling through town. :) hugs....