Friday, July 5, 2013

Whimsy - You Float My Boat

Howdy -

Hope all the US readers had a wonderful 4th of July holiday - We had breakfast with SIL and BIL, then a little trip to the grocery store. Was a half to trip... or would have put that off for sure! Then came home and crafted all afternoon while watching a Back to the Future marathon. LOL  Was nice to just have hours to sit and craft. No rushing.

Here is one I made with a new Whimsy image from Crissy's Digi's. Had to do it up first as it would be a great way to spend a holiday just floating around. But around here that would mean lots of crowds and then sunburn and well... my day was perfect in my craft room.


"You Float My Boat" -

Adorable image. And I have to laugh at myself - cuz when I printed it out I thought to myself... I am not coloring this kitty as a orange tabby... Then I sat down with the image and just started coloring and before I realized it... he was an orange tabby. It is just what I color cats I guess. Not that any of all the the six cats we have are orange tabby's. Let see... 4 grey tabby's - One black cat and Gato is a Calico. how odd huh? Anyway back to the card. I colored with Copics (colors below) and then found some papers deep in my stash. Old My Minds Eye - so old I couldn't find a name on the paper pad. I inked the edges of all the pieces, then sewed them down on dark brown card stock. Then attached it all onto kraft paper card stock. Found some clear rhinestones and ran them along the band in the middle. Then I decided I needed flowers. I punched out Marvy leaves. Then Martha branches and Martha flowers. All with core'dinations card stock. I sanded everything.Then glued them all together in the corner. I stamped out a Whimsy sentiment - Ticket Notes - that I colored with the same copics.

After I was done... I went back and added Viva Decor Paper pen dots to the flower in cream color. And the sparkle Viva Decor to the water -



Inside was all scraps from the same papers -


Copic colors used - 



Was having so much fun I made two more cards yesterday.. yee haw!

Have you seen this months new Digital images over at Whimsy?? It really was a FABULOUS release this month. I had a really hard time deciding which to work with first!! Maybe that was why I got three cards done.. LOL POP over to the Whimsy Store and see all the great images!!! And with the great prices of the Digi's... you can get a lot of them for not much $ - and have them in your box really fast!! Love that!

Have a great Friday! See you tomorrow for some Animal Crackers :0)
HUGS and

1 comment:

Carol Dee said...

Adorable *Orange Tabby* ;) I love the card and am partial to plaids! Your July 4th sounds like my favorite kind of day. I 'll stop and visit the Animals in the morning. hugs...