Tuesday, November 25, 2014

High Hopes Challenge - Silver

Howdy -


Today's High Hopes Challenge is all about Silver - To add Silver to your card or project. I have this really pretty Merry Christmas Silver Ribbon... somewhere.... but never did find it. I now am thinking that I used it up last year and was so upset when I had planned my card around this now gone ribbon. But in my digging I found another piece of silver. A long ago purchase of a Making Memories metal silver border piece. So that with the fun new image "Ice Fishing Penguin" got me to this Christmas Card.


 Just absolutely love this image... my kind of fishing for sure, just don't tell Hubby he really gets into the "Sport" of it. 


I colored with my Copics (colors below) then added Viva Decor White Pearl Pen for the snow. My paper is a very old piece of Cloud 9 Christmas Is Stripe paper. Dug very deep in the stash and found some older Christmas papers... love the colors on this one. Then I found a piece of Bazzil Glitter paper... yes with SILVER glitter made in it! Whoo Hoo... another silver!

Then I decided it needed some Christmas winter looking decor, so I punched out a whole bunch of Martha's Branch punches, added more Viva Decor White and then Red Stickles for some berries. The tag is hand made and then I the High Hopes sentiment "Merry Christmas!"

Love how this one has a bit more of a manly feel to it... didn't intend on that. Usually is hard for me to do that guy thing.... LOL

Inside the same papers -


Copic colors used -


Had some fun this time and found some great things deep in the stash! LOL Now I do hope you do pop over to the High Hopes Challenge Blog and see all the Sparkling Silver from the DT and then please do join us! You can win some new High Hopes for yourself to play with!

Hope you have a great day - and have some fun coloring!
HUGS and-



2 comments:

Helen said...

what a great card. Hugs,

Carol Dee said...

Oh My penguins tummy looks COLD! Love the silver ribbon, looks a lot like ice cubes!