Thursday, July 2, 2015

Whimsy Stamps - Three French Hens

Howdy -

Today is my first day "on the job" at Whimsy Stamps! So excited about joining this DT.  Decided that "Three French Hens" would be fun to color up - fitting in with a little Christmas in July theme!


Love this image... Maybe it is just that the chicken in the middle is wearing a hat. LOL Heck I love all chicken images don't I?  I colored with my copics (colors below) Great trio -

I then went through my stash of Christmas papers and found some scraps from Graphic 45 that looked good with my "chicken" colors. I used the Whimsy Shapeology Die "Double Scallop Border die"  Didn't show all the die, but liked just the double scallops peeking out.

The layers are all sewed down with a zig zag stitch. Chickens zig and zag a lot you know!


The sentiment is a Whimsy Die as well from the Sentimentables Die "Holiday Set"  I cut three out two in green and one in yellow... layered them. They look a little better in person, kind of was going for a shadow look... not sure I pulled it off - ;0(   

Inside I used more of the same papers -



And here are the Copic colors used -


 Happy camper here... having fun with lots of favorite artist at Whimsy! Been coloring like crazy the last couple of weeks. Really I have... my house shows it! LOL

Hope you have a blessed day -
HUGS and

No comments: